- Introduction: We are the Nolet Leskaj Dental Centre and we are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the personal information we collect from our patients.
- Types of personal information collected: We collect personal information such as name, address, phone number, email address, medical and dental history of patients, as well as any other information relevant to dental care.
- Purposes of collecting personal information: We collect personal information to provide superior dental care services and to communicate with our patients about their dental health.
- Use and disclosure of personal information: We use the personal information we collect to provide dental care to patients, manage patient accounts and records, respond to information requests, improve our services, communicate with our patients about dental care, and comply with legal requirements.
- Consent: We obtain consent from patients to collect, use and disclose their personal information, except where permitted by law. We provide clear and comprehensive information to patients about our data collection practices and respect their choices regarding the disclosure of their personal information.
- Security: We take reasonable security measures to protect patients’ personal information against unauthorized access, misuse, or unauthorized disclosure.
- Access and correction: Patients have the right to access their personal information and correct it as needed. We are committed to responding promptly and effectively to any requests for access or correction of patients’ personal information.
- Retention: We retain patients’ personal information for as long as necessary to provide dental care services and to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Changes to the privacy statement: We may modify this privacy statement from time to time to reflect changes in our data collection and use practices. We encourage patients to regularly consult this privacy statement to be informed of any changes.
As part of the recent law aimed at modernizing legislative provisions on the protection of personal information (known as « Bill 25 »), we are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Aulona Leskaj as the responsible person for the protection of our clients’ personal information as of September 22, 2022. Among her responsibilities, Dr. Aulona Leskaj will be responsible for:
- Take reasonable measures to mitigate risks in the event of a privacy incident involving personal information, in order to prevent harm to the individuals affected and to prevent similar incidents from occurring again.
- Comply with new rules regarding the disclosure of personal information without the consent of the individual for purposes of study, research, or statistical production, as well as in the context of a commercial transaction.
- Conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) before disclosing personal information without the consent of the individuals for purposes of study, research, or statistical production.
- Disclose to the Access to Information Commission (CAI) the verification or confirmation of identity performed using biometric features or measures.
To contact Dr. Aulona Leskaj, the responsible person for the protection of personal information, here are her contact details:
Name: Dr. Aulona Leskaj
Address: 255 Chèvremont Blvd. – Suite 102, L’Île-Bizard, Quebec, H9C 2B4